Float Switches contain a reed switch with an actuator magnet in the float. Material is glass filled polypropylene or nylon 6.6 moulding. Contacts close when the magnet assembly reaches the centre line of the main body. Normally open or normally closed operations depend upon orientation, i.e if the magnet floats away or towards switch. Detects rise or fall of liquid, as well as liquid flow or predetermined volume. Design allows fitting to be achieved both as an internal operation or externally if necessary.
- Mounting position: Horizontal models +/- 30 degrees from horizontal
- Minimum operating angle: Horizontal models 5 degrees from mounting angle
- Maximum release angle: Horizontal models
- 40 degrees from mounting angle
- Shock*: 50g for 11 milliseconds duration
- Vibration*: 35g up to 500 Hz
- Nominal cable length: 0.5 metre
*Reed Switch only
Max. Current Example: For 15 Watts 230 Volts = 65mA
Refer to Datasheet for Environmental Specifications & Chemical Resistance Chart.